Scotland 8: Day 5

03.06.20 | Edinburgh, Scotland | 23:51

For lunch today, I went to Mussel & Steak Bar, here in Grassmarket. My new plan for food is to eat a better lunch and keep dinner light, and perhaps if someone has tasty salads, I’ll seek them out. This was a great meal! I had the surf & turf. I tried to eat slowly and enjoy it all (I tend to rush through meals).

On my way back to the house, I stepped into a nearby candy shop. It was so amazing- but my only criticism to this shop owner is the fact that he has a lot of his candies, like the licorice, out in the open, exposed air. No wrappers or anything. How many kids have come through the store with their hands coved with germs, or coughing/sneezing? That’s all I could think about.

I bought some Scottish tablet, which is a traditional sweetish treat. It is in a sealed package and out of germs kids’ reaching. Most likely, it’s free of cooties, and hopefully free of the coronavirus.

I decided to try and walk to Lauriston Castle, about 4.8 miles one-way. The walk was beautiful. This is in a part of Edinburgh that I haven’t ever explored. On my journey, I came across Dean Village, which is a quaint and beautiful area. I wouldn’t mind living here! It’s too bad that everything in Scotland is most likely out of my price range!

When I got to the other side of the village, I came across Dean Cemetery. If you know me, you know I love cemeteries! I decided to do a live video while I walked through the graveyard, reading the headstones.

I could see some thick clouds rolling in. Also, the temperature felt as if it had dropped about five degrees. Having left my umbrella at the house, I knew if I didn’t get somewhere fast, I’d be soaking and cold. I acted quickly: I called for an Uber and had the guy take me to the cinema at the Omni Center.

I ducked out of the weather just in time and decided to see The Call of the Wild. The movie was a lot better than I thought it would be, but it just means I need to go back and read the book. I think I started it a few years back but didn’t finish for whatever reason. I’ll add it to my list.

Dinner was ramen. Not the 20-cent-on-sell kind, but an extreme version that reminded me of Ippudo in New York City (check it out). The portion where huge! This bowl was bigger than my head!

Tonight I’m sitting at the house alone. Dicky and Drew have gone out to do whatever people do on Friday nights. The place is pretty quiet right now, so I think I’m going to fall asleep soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s